1) Forgetting to cool down- Take the time to cool down and let your heart rate and blood pressure return to normal and prevents venous pooling (build-up of blood in the vein).
2) Skipping your stretch- Take a few moments to stretch after a workout to prevent your muscles from contracting, giving you the maximum benefit of your exercise
3) Not Eating- It is important for your body to repair and refuel after exercises (carbohydrate and protein especially)
4) Neglecting your water bottle- Your body will need to replenish the water loss during exercise (2-3 cups of water to keep you hydrated after your workout)
5) Reaching for a Sports Drink- Sports drink pack way too much sugar and calories to offset the effect of your workout, stick with regular water or add a splash of coconut water if you are worried about electrolytes
6) Staying in sweaty clothes- Not changing out of your sweaty workout clothes can lead to yeast infections or body acne
7) Skipping Sleep- It is important to get a good night rest after an intense workout, it helps your body to heal and build strong muscles.
8) Not recording your progress- keeping track of your workout is the best way to monitor your progress, it keeps you motivated. (plenty of great apps available)